Travel directions to the Isle of Iona
Iona is reached by Calmac Ferry from Oban Harbour. The ferry takes you to Craignure on the Isle of Mull, followed by a road journey to Fionnphort. A short ferry crossing from Fionnphort takes you to Iona. For timetable information and to book ferry tickets, visit CalMac's websitewww.calmac.co.uk or call their Oban booking office on 0990 650000
To get to Oban
- By Plane: Glasgow International Airport runs daily flight schedules from London, Europe and around the world. Contact your airline for flight information or call Glasgow Airport on +44(0)141 887 1111. Alternatively, fly to Edinburgh Airport, from where it is only a three-hour drive to Oban. For another option, charter an aeroplane to Oban Airport
- By Car: From Glasgow take the A82 around the west side of Loch Lomond through Crianlarich to Tyndrum, then follow the A85 along the north side of Loch Awe to Oban. The journey takes two hours. From Edinburgh, drive through Stirling and up to Oban. For detailed driving directions from anywhere in the UK, visit MapQuest.
- By Train: ScotRail run trains twice daily from Glasgow Queen Street Station to Oban on the beautiful west-coast line. Call 08457 484950 for details of all ScotRail services or visit ScotRail's website www.scotrail.co.uk
- By Boat: Caledonian MacBrayne Ferries run a regular car and passenger ferry from Oban to The Isle of Mull. For timetable information and to book ferry tickets, visit CalMac's website www.calmac.co.uk or call their Oban booking office on 0990 650000. It is advisable to book car ferry tickets in advance
- By Coach: CityLink run coaches run daily from Edinburgh via Glasgow. For Enquiries call +44 (0)1870 505050 or visit CityLink's website www.citylink.co.uk
NEW ON-LINE SHOP OPEN
We now have an on-line shop where you can buy some of our products including the new "Sound of Iona" Tartan range. Click here to go to www.martyrsbayshop.co.uk
October SPECIAL OFFER
For the month of October only, we are offering Dinner (Two courses),Bed & Breakfast for £130per room (Based on two sharing). Just enter October in special requset box on our online booking form.
On Line Booking Terms and Conditions
To secure a booking a non-refundable deposit equal to the first nights stay is required. The deposit can be transferred to another booking if you need to cancel. The card information is delivered securely to our office where it will be processed.